Real Time Operating System
Real time system is defines as a data-processing system in which the time interval required to process & respond to inputs is so small that it control the environment. Real time processing is always on-line whereas on line system need not be real time. In this method, data relating to each single transaction, received via the telecommunication line, is treated as batch and the processed results are communicated back instaneously, enabling decisions to be made on the basis of the latest information.
The time taken by the system to respond to an input i.e. the time between pressing of last key by the operator curser. & display of required updated information is termed as response time. So in this method response time is very less as compare to the online processing.
Advantages Of Real Time Operating System
1. Response time is very less.
2. Better throughput.
3. Large memory.
4. 24 hours service provider
5. Provide information up-to-minute
Disadvantages Real Time Operating System
1. Very costly.
2. Large main memory and secondary storage required.
3. Comlex communication systems.
4. Stand by facilities required to take care of such events as systems failure. Click here Multiprogramming Operating System.